WHY JOIN SHPCC?
- Want to do more business with the federal government?
Join our consortium to market your expertise, grow your business, and support crucial missions of federal agencies.
- Is your subject matter expertise desirable to government agencies but you don’t have access to contracting vehicles?
Work with government clients via Ripple Effect’s contracting mechanisms and deep networks.
- Seeking the collaboration and cooperation of a larger company?
Join a community of small businesses, boutique companies, and independent consultants, supported by Ripple Effect’s resources and infrastructure.
- Want to help shape a new community of science and health policy experts?
Become an inaugural member and help influence where SHPCC can make its biggest impact.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Independent consultants and small or ‘boutique’ businesses (<5 employees) who are:
- Able to work in the general Washington DC Metro (DMV) area
- Have past experience working with the federal government (as a contractor, former employee, or consultant)
- Have subject matter expertise in one of our target areas
WHAT ARE OUR TARGET AREAS OF EXPERTISE?
- Health Policy
- Healthcare Policy
- Science Policy
- Biomedical Research
- Scientific Research
- Marine and Aviation
- Ocean Services
- Environmental Satellite Data/Information Systems
- Environmental Health
- Grants Policy and Management
- Health Communications
- Science Writing
- Public Health
- Diversity in STEM
- Scientific Peer Review
ARE THERE MEMBERSHIP FEES?
- $150 Annual SHPCC Membership Fee
- Fees will be reduced or waived if a member works on a Ripple Effect contract during that calendar year
WHAT IF I DON’T MEET THE CRITERIA?
We still want to meet you! Reach out to us via the contact information below and we’ll explore how we can work together to meet your needs.